Minimalist interior design is appreciably similar to modern interior design and it involves using the visible essentials to create a simple and organized space. Simplicity with clean lines and the palette is generally monochromatic and the colour is used as an accent, these are the main characters of a minimalist interior design.
The main theme of a minimalist interior design is to say more by showing less or occupying less space. Minimalist interior design is clean, crisp and timeless. Most of the minimalist designs include white or empty space in abundance. Other colours are also used by the designers but white is used mostly.
In minimalist design, the focus is not always on the space or the walls but one more thing that is of great importance is, for example, the people in the space or the view from the window might be more important than the room’s decoration and this is the beauty of minimalist design considerations.
Everything in a space should be functional and should add value to the environment of the space. “Form” is very important in minimalist interior design, for example, in a dining room or kitchen the major furniture component is Table and Chair, according to minimalist theory these pieces should speak with each other and the mode of speech can be colour, mass, arrangement, selection, etc. They must work very well with each other with a beautiful colour combination and contrast.
The biggest challenge for a minimalist interior design is to make a space looks warm and very welcoming. When using a dynamic colour palette it is the combination of the colour that matters and for that, a combination of different shades, tints, contrasts and textures can be used.
The important things that can be considered as the golden tip for a minimalist interior design and can be followed by anyone are:
- Focus of Function which says that the design should be according to the needs of the inhabitants.
- Create Clean Lines isvery important and the lines should be visually clear and appealing and should be very neat to give a sense of very smooth finish.
- Let in Natural Light is the most eye catching feature and it can be achieved by the provision of large windows especially when the outside view is very amazing.
- Use Mirror to Open Up Space can be very useful when the size of the room is not too large or one needs to show more space in visual and open space can be
- Simple Lighting is one of the key things that can be done and can be opted as the best minimalist feature of the night times.
- Dual purpose furniture are the synonym of minimalist design as these are serving for more than one purpose and saving a lot of space so this is one of the best option to choose.
- Vertical Shelving saves a lot of space with the provision of an elegant design.
The above ideas are the most important for a person who is going to design a house that will be minimalist and also very attractive and eye-catching. This should all be followed and kept in mind during the design phase.
Pingback: Japanese Interior Design: A Perfect Combination of Zen and Beauty